Gosling 'embarrassed' after splitting up street fight
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Thelonius/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: Thelonius/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin4 of 15
- Photo: Esquire5 of 15
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: StClair/Massie/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: New Line Cinema/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: FayesVision//WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
Actor Ryan Gosling is "embarrassed" a video showing him breaking up a street fight in New York has gone viral online, because he feels he should have kept his "nose out of it".
"The Notebook" star was strolling through the streets of the Big Apple's East Village when he spotted two men brawling in the middle of the road.
RELATED: Crazy Summer Hair Trends
Gosling was hailed a hero for stepping in to separate the pair - who were fighting over the ownership of a painting - but the actor is adamant he now regrets his actions.
RELATED: Stars Who Own Restaurants and Bars
He tells MTV News, "I'm embarrassed. I think that guy really was stealing that other guy's painting, so I should have just kept my nose out of it. It was sad, because it turns out that I said to the guy, 'Why are you doing this?' He said, 'Well, he tried to steal my painting.' I said, 'How do you know?' and he said, 'Well, he comes here every day and looks at my paintings,' which means the guy was a fan, and so he wanted the painting so bad he had to steal it because he couldn't afford it.
"So he finally steals the painting, and then he's getting his a** kicked by his hero, and then the guy from "The Notebook" shows up and makes it weirder. It's just, the whole thing, nobody wins, nobody won.
"I did not win. I had just come from the gymnasium, and I was all stretched out and feeling warmed up. So, I'm embarrassed."
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite