- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com2 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Pacific Coast News6 of 17
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Craig Barritt/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin13 of 17
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Fame Pictures15 of 17
- Photo: VLUV/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos to Give USC Commencement SpeechMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:24:00 AM
- Vice President Joe Biden Joins Instagram in the Most Boss Way PossibleMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:12:00 AM
- Tribeca at 13: Film Festival Is Growing Up, but Still Hard to Pin DownMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:07:00 AM
- V.C. Andrews' Vampire Novel 'Daughter of Darkness' Being Developed for TVMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 10:37:00 AM
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 10:33:26 AM
- Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos to Give USC Commencement Speech
By Kat Giantis
First up is jewelry company Gurhan, which initially assured People that it had indeed sold the French actor the emerald-and-diamond ring the twice-divorced Oscar winner has recently been sporting on her all-important finger (see below).
But the company is now backing away from that claim, perhaps after receiving an irate call from Berry's rep.
"Although Halle is a great fan of Gurhan, we cannot confirm that she is wearing a Gurhan design," a spokesman sidesteps to the mag.
According to a Berry source, she denied being engaged just last week, and TMZ reiterates that, as of a few days ago, she wasn't betrothed, with spies acknowledging that the ring was a gift from Martinez but insisting it wasn't accompanied by a proposal.
Still, the chatty snitches add that the couple, who hooked up on the set of "Dark Tide" in the summer of 2010, are in a "committed relationship," so a knot-tying "could be in the cards."
Earlier this week, Us reported that Halle was "overjoyed" when Olivier popped the question with the bejeweled ring.
"She had given up on getting married," explained a confidant. "But she trusts Olivier. He makes her feel safe. He's a keeper!"
Berry, who has repeatedly (and definitively) declared her intention never to marry again, was supposedly sold on his bond with her 3-year-old daughter, Nahla, with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry.
"Olivier has become a great father figure," said the source. "He is tender with both of them, yet he's strong and protective. He wants to take care of Halle."
Just like he did when onetime girlfriend Kylie Minogue was suffering from breast cancer.
Speaking of which, on Thursday, the pop queen tweeted her excitement for the pair ("Congrats to Olivier Martinez and Halle Berry!!#wedding"), although it seems her well-wishes, and everyone else's, may have been a bit premature. Maybe in the future, Halle could avoid all the speculation by wearing her accessories on a different digit.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite