- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com2 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Pacific Coast News6 of 17
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Craig Barritt/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin13 of 17
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Fame Pictures15 of 17
- Photo: VLUV/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
By Kat Giantis
First up is jewelry company Gurhan, which initially assured People that it had indeed sold the French actor the emerald-and-diamond ring the twice-divorced Oscar winner has recently been sporting on her all-important finger (see below).
But the company is now backing away from that claim, perhaps after receiving an irate call from Berry's rep.
"Although Halle is a great fan of Gurhan, we cannot confirm that she is wearing a Gurhan design," a spokesman sidesteps to the mag.
According to a Berry source, she denied being engaged just last week, and TMZ reiterates that, as of a few days ago, she wasn't betrothed, with spies acknowledging that the ring was a gift from Martinez but insisting it wasn't accompanied by a proposal.
Still, the chatty snitches add that the couple, who hooked up on the set of "Dark Tide" in the summer of 2010, are in a "committed relationship," so a knot-tying "could be in the cards."
Earlier this week, Us reported that Halle was "overjoyed" when Olivier popped the question with the bejeweled ring.
"She had given up on getting married," explained a confidant. "But she trusts Olivier. He makes her feel safe. He's a keeper!"
Berry, who has repeatedly (and definitively) declared her intention never to marry again, was supposedly sold on his bond with her 3-year-old daughter, Nahla, with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry.
"Olivier has become a great father figure," said the source. "He is tender with both of them, yet he's strong and protective. He wants to take care of Halle."
Just like he did when onetime girlfriend Kylie Minogue was suffering from breast cancer.
Speaking of which, on Thursday, the pop queen tweeted her excitement for the pair ("Congrats to Olivier Martinez and Halle Berry!!#wedding"), although it seems her well-wishes, and everyone else's, may have been a bit premature. Maybe in the future, Halle could avoid all the speculation by wearing her accessories on a different digit.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite