Brad Pitt: Marriage Discrimination Will End 'Someday Soon'Related: Hot Gossip, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt
- Photo: RRE/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Barcroft/Fame Pictures9 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: AP11 of 16
- Photo: PNP/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Italypress/Fame Pictures13 of 16
- Photo: VPB/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Pascal Le Segretain/GettyImages.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
The tabloids might want to hold off on any more cover stories predicting the supposedly imminent wedding of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
A little more than a week after New York became the sixth and largest state to legalize same-sex marriage, the A-list actor, who has said he'll swap vows with his equally pretty half when everyone has the right to do so, has reiterated his longtime support for the issue and said the fight must continue.
"It is encouraging that New York has joined the movement to grant equal marriage rights to its citizens," Pitt, 47, said in a statement to People magazine. "But it is each American's Constitutional right to marry the person they love, no matter what state they inhabit. No state should decide who can marry and who cannot."
Concludes Pitt, who has one failed marriage (duh, Jennifer Aniston) to Jolie's two (Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller), "Thanks to the tireless work of so many, someday soon this discrimination will end and every American will be able to enjoy their equal right to marriage."
In 2006, the megastar told Esquire magazine that he and Angelina would "consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able."
But he seemed to soften his stance in May of this year, when he acknowledged that the nuptial question had become a talking point with their brood of six.
"The kids ask about marriage. It's meaning more and more to them," Pitt told USA Weekend. "So it's something we've got to look at."
Jolie, for her part, explained to Vanity Fair last year that they're not "against getting married," but "it's just like we already are. Children are clearly a commitment, a bigger commitment [than marriage]. It's for life."
Still, she admitted to "Good Morning America" that "it would be hard to say no" if the kids asked them about getting hitched.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite