- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America1 of 23
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 23
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 23
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks4 of 23
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks5 of 23
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 23
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News7 of 23
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage8 of 23
- Photo: AXELLE/Bauer-Griffin9 of 23
- Photo: JM11/WENN10 of 23
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com11 of 23
- Photo: Rob Carr/Invision/AP12 of 23
- Photo: Anthea Simms / CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.13 of 23
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks14 of 23
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com15 of 23
- Photo: Marcus Hoffman/WENN16 of 23
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com17 of 23
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com18 of 23
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN19 of 23
- Photo: MATRIX/Bauer-Griffin20 of 23
- Photo: KADENA PRESS/Bauer-Griffin21 of 23
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage.com22 of 23
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
By Kat Giantis
Wishful thinking or a relationship resurrection? On Wednesday, Michael Douglas stopped to answer his phone in the middle of his red-carpet duties for the New York premiere of "Last Vegas," his new "Hangover"-goes-geriatric flick. The caller? His estranged wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones. While the conversation was brief, he did use the word "honey." Now, the New York Daily News has taken that short but affectionate communication and run with it, saying the couple is giving their 13-year union another shot.
"The only reason she wasn't by his side [at the premiere] is because she didn't want to take attention away from the film. It was Michael's night," alleges a source. "She wanted to say hello and didn't realize he was on the carpet already."
During the afterparty, "He was sitting in the corner with friends and people kept asking what's going on with Catherine," adds another spy. "Michael said, 'We are doing great, she's better than ever,' and said their kids are doing great."
They are all doing so great that they trick-or-treated as a family, a story Douglas shared during an appearance Friday on "Live! with Kelly and Michael."
"My son, Dylan, was a hobbit, and my daughter, Carys, was a flapper girl. Catherine was Snow White, and I was late trying to figure out something to do," he shared. "So I grabbed a mask in the store and I thought it said Mike Myers [of 'Austin Powers' fame].' I said, 'Mike Myers has a Halloween mask?' So I put it on and I said, 'I don't remember this character,' and I'm walking around and everyone is looking at me saying, 'Ooh,' and I said, 'What?' and they said, 'It's Michael Myers from 'Friday the 13th.' It was the guy who stabbed everybody.'"
Douglas, 69, and Zeta-Jones, 45, announced in August that they were "taking a break," a decision that came after a tough few years: He successfully battled tongue cancer while she dealt with a bipolar diagnosis.
According to the paper, the actress has moved back into the family's Central Park West apartment, and they "are fighting hard to keep the marriage alive."
"They know they have some problems, but are speaking every day and are scheduling future projects with each other in mind," explains the confidant. "Both of them are wearing their rings. What more is there to say?"
Last week, Douglas sounded optimistic during a sit-down with Jay Leno.
"Sometimes people take a little bit of a break, but [it] doesn't necessarily mean that's the end," he said. "So, I'm very hopeful."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the biggest fashion mistakes celebs made in 2012.Watch Video »
See what parts of their bodies stars like Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum have insurance policies for.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite