- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 14
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News3 of 14
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 14
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News7 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com8 of 14
- Photo: Whittle / Chris Whittle / Splash News/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: Mike/Splash News10 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
By Kat Giantis
Long distance proved the wrong distance for David Arquette, who announced on Tuesday night that he's back in the dating pool after ending his bicoastal romance with entertainment reporter Christina McLarty.
"Sadly I'm single again," tweeted the actor-cum-former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant. "A long distance relationship proved to be too difficult."
The pair began dating last summer, but with Arquette based in Los Angeles and McLarty working out of New York, together-time was at a premium. They tried never to go more than two weeks without seeing each another.
"We're serious," he told E! News in January. "But we're having fun."
McLarty, who was not-quite-legally married to execrable "Girls Gone Wild" mogul Joe Francis for less than two months in 2010, gushed to the Huffington Post a few weeks back, "It's wonderful. I love him."
This was Arquette's first serious relationship since his October 2010 split from Courteney Cox after 11 years of marriage.
"I met her. She's really nice, she's really pretty," the "Cougar Town" star recently told Howard Stern of McLarty. "She had a good sense of humor. ... [She's] very tall; I'm not. Very young; I'm not."
And even though Courteney and David have had one of the most amicable breakups in Hollywood history (and still aren't officially divorced), a reunion probably isn't in the cards, at least not right now.
"The truth of the matter is that we love each other so much," explained Cox, who shares custody of 7-year-old daughter Coco with Arquette. "We have such affection for each other, but we are very different. I'm a homebody. ... David, he doesn't drink anymore, he's completely sober, but he likes to go out and dance. He really is a very gregarious guy. He's very outgoing. I'm much more of an introvert."
Concluded Courteney, "There's a huge part of my life with David, no question, but I feel like right now our relationship is probably better than it would be if we lived together. It's definitely better than it used to be."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite