- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Rex/Rex USA2 of 12
- Photo: @jamesfrancotv/Instagram3 of 12
- Photo: jamesfrancotv/Instagram4 of 12
- Photo: CCH/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.6 of 12
- Photo: Jon furniss/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com8 of 12
- Photo: KPA/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: @jamesfrancotv/Instagram10 of 12
- Photo: @jamesfrancotv/Instagram11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- First Look: Meet Grimm's Newest Wesen: Octo-Man!MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 'Fight Club 2' Coming to Comics Courtesy of Book's Author Chuck PalahniukMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &
By Kat Giantis
In what we sincerely hope was a viral attempt to promote his forthcoming film "Palo Alto," in which he plays a soccer coach drawn to a high school student, James Franco allegedly tried to meet up with a 17-year-old girl during an Instagram conversation that she later shared with the masses.
A little background: The actor, 35, supposedly met Scottish teen Lucy when she took a video of him outside the stage door of his Broadway show, "Of Mice and Men." He told her to tag him in the video, and she obliged.
In screenshots she later posted of their purported chat from the wee hours of Tuesday morning, Franco asks where she lives, how old she is (soon to turn 18), how long she'll be in New York, if she has a boyfriend (her reply: "Not if you're around"), her phone number (the convo eventually moves to text message) and where she's staying (his reply: "You're single? What's the hotel? Should I rent a room?").
Lucy's response to the latter was a very reasonable, "April Fools' was an hour ago, though."
A photo of Franco soon arrived, along with the message, "It's me. Yes or no? Tomorrow or Thurs?"
After a back-and-forth in which a disbelieving Lucy asks for "proper evidence" that he is, in fact, James Franco, and receives a "don't tell" when she points out that her "Scottish friends will never believe," the star seemingly gives in her to entreaties for proof ("I will meet you if you write my name on a piece of paper then send it to me with your face also in the picture) with a "Lucy"-inclusive selfie. It appears no meeting took place.
In since deleted declarations on his Instagram page, Franco denied any hookup activity ("I HOPE PARENTS KEEP THEIR TEENS AWAY FROM ME. Thank you") and issued a warning: "PLEASE DON'T DM IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, THANK YOU."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite