Unsurprising Rumor du Jour: Did Lindsay Lohan Lie to the Police?
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN1 of 21
- Photo: Brian To/WENN2 of 21
- Photo: Paul J. Froggatt/FameFlynet Pict/Fame Flynet3 of 21
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN4 of 21
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI5 of 21
- Photo: Paul J. Froggatt/Fame Flynet6 of 21
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 21
- Photo: ./Fame Flynet8 of 21
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/GettyImages.com9 of 21
- Photo: IGNAT/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin10 of 21
- Photo: © Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.11 of 21
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage12 of 21
- Photo: Fern/Splash News13 of 21
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 21
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage15 of 21
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.16 of 21
- Photo: ST/Splash News17 of 21
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP18 of 21
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks19 of 21
- Photo: MARK SAVAGE/StarTraks20 of 21
- Photo: Deano/Splash News21 of 21
By Kat Giantis
One thing has remained dependable throughout Lindsay Lohan's many, many brushes with the law: It's always someone else's fault.
Stolen necklace? It was a loaner! High-speed chase down the Pacific Coast Highway in a borrowed SUV? "The black kid" was driving (turns out, she was). That cocaine the cops found in her pants pocket? Those weren't her jeans. And the list goes on and on, right through to last Friday, when Lindsay's rented Porsche rammed into the back of a dump truck.
Her camp floated several stories, including how the truck driver allegedly cut her off (he adamantly denies this and says he has witnesses to back it up), that he's lying and looking to make a quick buck (in that case, wouldn't he have taken the bribe he claims was offered at the scene?) and brake failure, an explanation that should be easy enough to check, if our addiction to TV procedurals have taught us anything.
But TMZ reports the starlet, 25, tried to set a more elaborate scheme in motion moments after the crash. No, she didn't try to blame a one-armed man. It seems that when police interviewed her at the hospital, she purportedly told them her male assistant, Gavin, was driving.
Indeed, shortly after news of the collision surfaced, X17 says she sent out a text telling friends, "I was in a massive accident. I wasn't driving ... Gavin was."
The cops didn't buy it, however, and seemingly cited her for having pants on fire after her lackey told officers that the starlet, 25, was indeed the one behind the wheel.
According to TMZ, the police report will include Lohan's fib, which could end up being very bad news because a) it's a crime to give false information to the cops and b) it could impact her probation. Either violation could land her back in the pokey.
Back in late March, Judge Stephanie Sautner terminated Lindsay's formal probation, but extended her informal probation until 2014.
"I'm not going to give you a lecture," the judge told Lohan. "Live your life in a more mature way, stop the nightclubbing and focus on your work, OK?"
But let's face it, nothing will probably happen to Lindsay over her ostensible lie-telling, because nothing ever does. She'll wiggle out of it, until she (heaven forbid) does something terrible enough that the legal system will have no choice but to punish her.
Still, here's hoping she puts off more trouble long enough to finish the currently filming small-screen catastrophe that "Liz & Dick," because we can't wait to see that mess.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite