- Photo: Wire Image/Getty Images North America1 of 15
- Photo: Jason Kempin/Getty Images North America2 of 15
- Photo: PN2/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.5 of 15
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com6 of 15
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet7 of 15
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: GERARDO SOMOZA/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: ALESSANDRO BIANCHI/Reuters12 of 15
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters13 of 15
- Photo: FRED PROUSER/Reuters14 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 15
By Kat Giantis
Here's a pairing with potential: Page Six says a lately single Richard Gere is dating "Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi.
"They have been quietly spending some time together," says a source. "It is all very new and recent, and happened while he has been filming in New York."
Gere, 64, who's shooting "Time Out of Mind" in Manhattan, reportedly split from wife Carey Lowell last September after 18 years of togetherness and one son, Homer. The rumored reason for the split: the Buddhist actor apparently preferred a quiet life, while Lowell was more sociable.
Lakshmi, 43, meanwhile, has a 4-year-old daughter, Krishna, with moneybags ex-boyfriend Adam Dell, and was long linked to billionaire Teddy Forstmann, who died in 2011.
In addition to their uniquely named children, Richard and Padma also share common ground by having very famous first spouses: He divorced Cindy Crawford in 1995 after four years of marriage, while she split from Salman Rushdie in 2007 after a three-year union.
Funnily enough, at an amfAR auction two years ago, Lakshmi helped auction off a Robert Mapplethorpe print of Gere, which she kissed before letting it go for $20,000.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite