- Photo: Paul J. Froggatt/Fame Flynet1 of 20
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI2 of 20
- Photo: Miguel/CPR/Fame Flynet3 of 20
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 20
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 20
- Photo: ./Fame Flynet8 of 20
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/GettyImages.com9 of 20
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Rocstar/CPR/Premiere/Fame Flynet12 of 20
- Photo: © Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.13 of 20
- Photo: Fern/Splash News14 of 20
- Photo: ST/Splash News15 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks17 of 20
- Photo: MARK SAVAGE/StarTraks18 of 20
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Made in America concert set to rock Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade before the weddingMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:09:00 AM
- Made in America concert set to rock Los Angeles
By Kat Giantis
Ruh-roh. One day after Lindsay Lohan slammed her Porsche into the back of a dump truck, rumblings of shady doings have surfaced. TMZ talked to the truck driver, who claims he was offered money to keep his mouth shut and believes the starlet, 25, may have tried to leave the scene.
According to the truck driver (only his first name -- James -- is given), Lohan's car was being followed by a Cadillac Escalade, which was apparently being driven by someone associated with her currently filming Lifetime movie, "Liz & Dick."
After the crash, the truck driver called 911 and allegedly watched as Lindsay and her male assistant climbed out of the totaled Porsche and into the Escalade. He also contends the assistant grabbed a pink bag and "filled it up with something," then stuffed clothes on top.
The biopic's exec producer, Larry A. Thompson, confirms that LiLo and her assistant were supposed to be chauffeured to the set. "When [production] went to pick her up [on Friday], for some reason she decided they would get in her own car, so the limousine driver followed them," he explains to Deadline.
James tells TMZ that he didn't realize he'd collided with a celebrity and thought the other driver was about to flee the scene. He also says that when he tried to exchange information, the SUV driver attempted to keep him away from the vehicle before suggesting they "go to the bank."
"Him and the assistant took me across the street and told me this was some kind of famous person and they didn't want to be in the media," he relates to TMZ. "But I'd already called 911 because they were trying to get away from the scene. But they packed a bag and then the limousine driver told me, 'Don't mention the bag to the cops.'"
He says the entire exchange, including the back-and-forth over the mysterious pink bag, is on the 911 recording.
As for suggestions that the accident occurred because James' semi cut Lohan off, he "emphatically" denies that's the case, insisting he was already in the right lane when the wreck happened. He also maintains that he has several eyewitnesses who saw the actress "flying" down the highway.
The Associated Press reports police are looking for witnesses to verify who was behind the wheel of the Porsche. Officials say neither Lindsay nor her assistant was impaired.
"Lindsay cooperated fully with law enforcement," her rep says in a statement. "She has answered all their questions and provided them with everything they have asked for."
"I was nervous before the movie started," exec producer Thompson admits to Deadline. "Now, I'm just petrified."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite