Dystopian 'do: See Charlize Theron's 'Mad Max' buzz cutRelated: Hot Gossip, Charlize Theron
- Photo: Barcroft Media/StarTraks1 of 5
By Kat Giantis
That's one way to go incognito. Charlize Theron surfaced in her native South Africa late last week sporting the brunette buzz cut she got over the summer for her role in the currently filming "Mad Max: Fury Road."
The statuesque Oscar winner, who's reportedly in Cape Town shooting scenes for the flick, joined her mom, Gerda, for a champagne lunch at an outdoor café.
But not even Theron's close-cropped, non-blond noggin (hair dye is apparently tough to come by in a post-apocalyptic landscape) could keep fans away.
The actress, sporting jeans, aviator sunglasses and a sunny yellow top, graciously posed with a group of young women during the meal.
Chances are Charlize and her scalp will be happy to wrap the long-in-the-works action flick, which is rumored to have run over budget and schedule.
"[Director] George Miller really created a strong female character that I've never read anything like this," she said before filming started. "I mean, I'm scared s---less!"
Keep clicking for more photos of Charlize's short 'do …
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite