- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 27
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin2 of 27
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News3 of 27
- Photo: Marco Vicino/Splash News4 of 27
- Photo: Chris Ashford / Camera Press/Retna Digital5 of 27
- Photo: Splash News6 of 27
- Photo: Cortes/Retna Digital7 of 27
- Photo: Anthea Simms / Camera Press/WENN8 of 27
- Photo: Chris Ashford / Camera Press/Retna Digital9 of 27
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.10 of 27
- Photo: Splash News11 of 27
- Photo: Splash News12 of 27
- Photo: Caroline Eluyemi / Camera Press //Retna Digital13 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures14 of 27
- Photo: Splash News15 of 27
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN16 of 27
- Photo: Splash News17 of 27
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin18 of 27
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/Invision/AP19 of 27
- Photo: Hypnotics / starsurf/Splash News20 of 27
- Photo: KPA/WENN21 of 27
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/GettyImages.com22 of 27
- Photo: KPA/WENN23 of 27
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Pictures24 of 27
- Photo: JM5/WENN25 of 27
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN26 of 27
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
By Kat Giantis
George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis had a good, long run (for him, at least), but that hasn't prevented their breakup after two years of togetherness from getting dissected like a murder victim on "CSI."
First up is the London Daily Mail, which claims the Oscar-winning, two-time Sexiest Man Alive pulled the plug last week following an argument at his Lake Como villa over the Italian model's recent knot-tying- and fairy tale-mentioning sit-down with Chi magazine.
"The conversation turned to the interview she had given and about marriage, and George was having nothing of it," alleges a source. "The atmosphere was pretty red-hot and the language was pretty fiery. It was a very fierce row, and she then just stormed out of the house and went to Milan."
Maintains another spy, "Elisabetta is a traditional girl and wanted the fairy tale. But George has never made a secret of his feelings, and he wanted things to continue as they were."
According to Us, trouble was already brewing months ago, when the pair celebrated New Year's with a south-of-the-border sojourn.
"She drove him nuts," says an insider, who claims the trip was marred by their "nonstop bickering over little things. ... He would only hang out with his friends, and more or less left her to herself and her friends."
Clooney, 50, has been "creating distance" from Canalis, 32, for several months, supposedly by blaming his busy work schedule.
Echoes a mole to E! Online, "He's been trying to figure out how to get out of this for a while. And let's face it, this always happens ..."
The source posits that the A-lister handed Canalis her walking papers so he could enjoy an entanglement-free summer with pals at his Lake Como estate.
Another snitch pipes in that Elisabetta was "unsure of herself" around Clooney's famous friends: "She was always shy. And you know what? She didn't speak great English. To tell you the truth, I don't think George's Italian is that great, either!"
Of course, armchair matchmakers are already busy trying to find Clooney's next honey, with the romance novel-preferring folks aiming high by choosing Sandra Bullock, his co-star in the upcoming "Gravity."
Who would you pick for Clooney? (And no, "Me! Me! Me!" is not an acceptable answer.) Tell us in the comments.
MORE ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite