- Photo: Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com7 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Pacific Coast News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
By Kat Giantis
One year ago this month, Halle Berry was spotted wearing a jewel on her ring finger, setting off a flurry of speculation that she was engaged to her actor beau, Olivier Martinez. She denied the reports, but they've surfaced once again after she stepped out sporting an eye-catching accessory on her all-important digit.
The twice-divorced star, 45, was snapped this week wearing an emerald-like ring on her left hand (below), which may or may not be the same decorative piece of jewelry she had on when the initial reports circulated in January of 2011. At the time, her rep insisted the ring was one of her own, not a bended-knee offering from her squinty-eyed French amour.
Halle's spokesperson did not respond to our request for comment on this latest round of engagement whispers.
Still, the Oscar winner, who went through bitter divorces with Eric Benet and David Justice and continues to wrangle with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry over custody of 3-year-old daughter Nahla, has repeatedly declared that she's off marriage for good.
"I will never marry again. I mean it with every bone in my body," she promised Oprah in 2004 (given O's mighty power, that pledge could be legally binding). "I no longer feel the need to be someone's wife, and I don't need the validation of a marriage certificate."
Berry reiterated her stance in 2007, telling In Style, "I will never, never get married again. Actually it's just that now I've come to a place where I think two people can share their lives without the ring, without the piece of paper."
Halle fell for Olivier, 45, while shooting the still-on-the-shelf thriller "Dark Tide" in 2010, and she's made sure he gets plenty of quality time with Nahla.
Paparazzi were conveniently on hand to capture a picture-perfect Malibu beach outing on New Year's Day with Martinez and the tot, who at one point was seen running toward him with open arms.
"I'm not done with love, but I refuse to settle," the actress told the September 2010 issue of Vogue. "I am a hopeless romantic. And I won't stop till I get it right."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite