Halle Berry's Engagement Ring Is Like 'The Da Vinci Code,' Only More ConfusingRelated: Hot Gossip, Romance Report, Halle Berry
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: StarFeine.com/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Craig Barritt/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin9 of 12
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com10 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com11 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 12
By Kat Giantis
For a woman who has repeatedly yelled from the mountaintops that she would never, ever marry again, Halle Berry sure wants everyone to know how deep and meaningful her engagement ring is. Conveniently enough, both People and Us Weekly have stories detailing the "perfect" emerald sparkler that the twice-divorced actress's newly confirmed fiancé Olivier Martinez slipped on her finger.
Warning: Please try to keep the eye rolls to a minimum to avoid injury ...
Us says the French actor approached Paris-based jeweler (and neighbor) Robert Mazlo shortly before Christmas and "said he wanted to produce the most beautiful ring ever made -- money was no object and he only wanted the finest materials involved."
Mazlo explains to People that the ring "symbolizes the couple's story," although it remains unclear how "hooked up on the set of a bikini-stuffed, straight-to-VOD shark thriller" was translated into bauble-form.
He says the 4-carat stone is "a one-of-a-kind piece and cannot be replaced," adding that it includes two diamonds in a yellow-gold setting "forged according to ancient Phoenician tradition."
“The ring is textured and contains codes and symbols which you cannot see ... only the person wearing it can," says Mazlo. "It's very uncommon. The symbols and codes represent [their] story and only they can interpret it."
Seems the jeweler gave Martinez a 500-year-old "mystical alchemy test" to figure out Berry's favorite shapes, colors, numbers and signs, which he then "decoded" and turned into a ring that cost somewhere in the tony neighborhood of "well into the five figures."
Wedding plans remain up in the air, probably because Berry, who reportedly wants to move to Olivier's native France with 3-year-old daughter Nahla, is still tussling with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry over custody.
"Not yet finalized," says the Us source of the pair's aisle-walk plans, adding that there's a "very good chance it would be in Paris. It will be the first time round for Olivier. ... He would love it to be in his home city, the city he knows and loves."
Symbols and codes and Phoenician traditions are all well and good, but we remain on the fence on whether these two will actually make it to the altar. What say you? Tell us in the comments.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite