- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin1 of 17
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: MAP/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: StarFeine.com/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Craig Barritt/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Brabus/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Edward_Opinaldo/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: RSD/ZO6/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Dips But Still DominatesMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:46:00 AM
- There's Another Duggar on the WayMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:34:00 AM
- Hollywood's Climate-Themed Movies Getting Own Awards Show (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:10:00 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' Teleca
By Kat Giantis
Is Halle Berry launching another grenade in her bitter custody battle with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry over 3-year-old daughter Nahla? TMZ reports she's petitioning the court to allow her to move with Nahla to France, which just happens to be the homeland of her beau, Olivier Martinez.
And there's this: TMZ says the Oscar winner is indeed engaged to the actor, and their newly minted betrothal status could help bolster her request.
Halle, who has repeatedly said she would never marry again, supposedly accepted a proposal from Olivier sometime after she sparked rampant engagement reports by flashing an emerald-and-diamond ring on her all-important finger.
But Halle's camp insists the reason for the move comes down to security, not retaliation against Aubry. The actress has apparently received death threats from an alleged stalker who escaped last week from a mental institution.
Robert D. Hoskins, who made headlines in 1995 when he was shot by one of Madonna's bodyguards while trying to scale the wall of her Los Angeles compound, finished serving a 10-year prison term in 2011.
"She is terrified for her safety," a source tells Radar Online. "The LAPD told Halle that Hoskins threatened, 'I'm going to kill that b----. I'm going to cut her throat.'"
Berry, who is also said to be worried about accused stalker Richard Franco, feels it has become a "life-or-death situation," insiders tell TMZ.
A decision on the relocation plan is pending, but Aubry "vehemently" opposes the move, which he suspects "is punitive and designed to strip him of any contact with his daughter," say sources.
The Canadian model, who reportedly agreed to take anger management classes after tussling with Nahla's baby sitter last month, is also believed to be unhappy that Martinez will be living with Halle and the tyke.
Berry's confidants counter that she's "very concerned" Aubry may be compromising Nahla's safety by "parading" her in front of the paparazzi, although the same photo op accusation could be leveled against Halle and Martinez.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite