- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: Blanco-Sasha/X172 of 14
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 14
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN5 of 14
- Photo: KH1/WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com7 of 14
- Photo: JLAB/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Ahmad Elatab/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 14
- Photo: Michael Murdock / Splash News/Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
By Kat Giantis
A couple of years ago, Jennifer Aniston revealed she'd patched up her long estrangement from her mother, Nancy Dow, who fell out with her famous daughter in the '90s after blabbing about her to a tabloid TV show and penning a self-serving tell-all.
Now, the actress is reportedly offering support to her mom after she suffered a stroke a few days back. The London Daily Mail says a tearful Aniston raced to Dow's side on Friday after she landed in a Los Angeles hospital in serious condition.
And it seems Jen received support of her own from boyfriend Justin Theroux, who evidently waited for her outside the hospital during her visit.
"Justin has been very supportive and there with her all the way," an insider shares with Us Weekly. "It's a very hard time for her right now."
The star's spokesman refused to comment on what he (justifiably) deemed a "family matter."
Aniston's problems with her mom date back to her childhood, when Nancy, a former model, supposedly picked on her looks by criticizing everything from her weight to the spacing of her eyes. Jen has admitted the put-downs filled her with "fear, doubt and insecurities."
"I really think my mother was doing the best she could," she told the London Telegraph in 2001. "But she didn't know where she ended and I began. This separation had to happen for both of us to find out."
Two years earlier, Nancy released "From Mother and Daughter to Friends: A Memoir," in which she shared personal stories about a pre-fame Aniston (along with photos of her pre-yoga body).
"She made a mistake," sighed Jennifer, who made the painful decision not to invite her mother to her wedding to Brad Pitt in 2000. "I don't think she knew any better -- obviously."
But by 2009, they had reconciled.
"It's good. It's OK. Things are now fine between us," Jen told gossip maven Cindy Adams. "All of that is over, and we're in touch with one another. We speak, and it's all over."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite