- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Chris Connor/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital5 of 13
- Photo: AB1/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Minas Keukazian/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/GettyImages.com11 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- The Biz: George Stephanopoulos Signs New Deal with Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 9:31:00 AM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- The Biz: George Stephanopoulos Signs New Deal with Good Morning America
By Kat Giantis
Be warned: You will soon have an overwhelming urge to hug Jeremy Renner. Just weeks after his beloved 8-month-old French bulldog, Franklin, died suddenly of a heart attack, the actor admits to how deeply the loss has affected him.
"He was my solution for being so lonely," a teary-eyed Renner, 41, reveals to the Hollywood Reporter.
He's equally candid in the rest of the freewheeling cover story, despite insisting he wants to keep things private.
On those gay rumors: "I want my personal life to be personal, and it's not [bleeping] true," he snarls of the speculation. "And I don't care if you're talking about things that are true, you're still talking about my personal life."
Then Renner really gets going.
"How about I go peek in your window, take what underwear you wore last night, whose husband you were [bleeping], and shove that in the megaphone throughout your neighborhood?" he asks. "How does that feel? It's none of your godd--- business."
Still, he's willing to discuss what doomed his last long-term relationship, with one Jess Macallan, which ended in 2010 when she expressed an interest in becoming an actress.
"That was part of the issue," acknowledges Renner. "I was going through the "Hurt Locker" campaign and she's like, 'Where do I get headshots?'"
Let's move on to those widespread reports that a pie-eyed Christina Aguilera passed out in Jeremy's bed after crashing his blowout 40th birthday bash last year.
"She was just chilling in one of the bedrooms," he shrugs. "I was happy to meet her. I was a big fan. Mind you, I was probably pretty s--t-bagged at the time."
Such diplomacy will serve him well, especially with big-budget pics "The Avengers" and "The Bourne Legacy" soon due in theaters. Renner, for his part, seems to be taking his hard-won fame in stride.
"Fear is just not a part of my life -- so much so that if it's involved in somebody else's life and they're close to me, I won't be around them," he says. "The star thing, the celebrity thing, is new to me. I don't want to be a good celebrity, a good [bleeping] star. I want to be a good human being."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite