- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: WireImage House/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
By Kat Giantis
The "difficult patch" Leonardo DiCaprio was recently rumored to be going through with model girlfriend Bar Refaeli has apparently proved too much for the fickle, fair-haired honeys of five years.
"It was amicable, they're still friends, and they are still talking," a source tells the paper. "They just grew apart and went their separate ways."
For those keeping track, this is the third time the actor, 36, and the leggy Israeli model-cum-swimsuit enthusiast, 25, have called it quits, following relationship breathers in 2007 and 2009.
"Neither were ready to settle down," explains the insider, "and both have busy careers that have been taking them in different directions."
Modelizing but spotlight-shy Leo hooked up with Bar in the wake of his 2005 split from Gisele Bundchen, and they did their best to keep the romance under the radar.
"I am there for him and I am at all the events," Refaeli said last year. "I just don't walk in hand-in-hand with him. I don't see any reason. I don't need to strike poses with him in front of the cameras."
She did strike a pose on May 2 at the annual Costume Institute Gala at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. DiCaprio, however, was a no-show, opting instead to hang with his posse at a local club.
His absence reinforced rift rumblings, which started percolating last month after Leo enjoyed a guys' weekend in Mexico with Bradley Cooper and producer Ryan Kavanaugh.
Still, at least one person won't be surprised if DiCaprio and Refaeli reconcile.
"They do this every two years," a spy tells Us. "They could be back together next week."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite