- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: WireImage House/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
By Kat Giantis
The "difficult patch" Leonardo DiCaprio was recently rumored to be going through with model girlfriend Bar Refaeli has apparently proved too much for the fickle, fair-haired honeys of five years.
"It was amicable, they're still friends, and they are still talking," a source tells the paper. "They just grew apart and went their separate ways."
For those keeping track, this is the third time the actor, 36, and the leggy Israeli model-cum-swimsuit enthusiast, 25, have called it quits, following relationship breathers in 2007 and 2009.
"Neither were ready to settle down," explains the insider, "and both have busy careers that have been taking them in different directions."
Modelizing but spotlight-shy Leo hooked up with Bar in the wake of his 2005 split from Gisele Bundchen, and they did their best to keep the romance under the radar.
"I am there for him and I am at all the events," Refaeli said last year. "I just don't walk in hand-in-hand with him. I don't see any reason. I don't need to strike poses with him in front of the cameras."
She did strike a pose on May 2 at the annual Costume Institute Gala at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. DiCaprio, however, was a no-show, opting instead to hang with his posse at a local club.
His absence reinforced rift rumblings, which started percolating last month after Leo enjoyed a guys' weekend in Mexico with Bradley Cooper and producer Ryan Kavanaugh.
Still, at least one person won't be surprised if DiCaprio and Refaeli reconcile.
"They do this every two years," a spy tells Us. "They could be back together next week."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite