- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet2 of 12
- Photo: Instagram/.3 of 12
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter PanMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:17:10 AM
- Ventura: Mixed emotions about defamation suit winMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:53:17 AM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter Pan
By Kat Giantis
Denial fits Lindsay Lohan like a pair of comfy shoes. It wraps her up like a soft blankie and comforts her like a childhood teddy bear. And so it was this week, when her lawyer sent an angry letter to FOX News (via TMZ) denying an assertion made by an on-air commentator that the recidivist starlet had taken drugs with her mother, Dina Lohan.
In the missive to network head Roger Ailes, attorney Mark Heller railed over a recent "Great American Panel" segment with Sean Hannity after a panelist made an "outrageously slanderous … blatantly false, malicious, defamatory and reckless statement" about Lindsay, namely that her "mom is doing cocaine with her."
The panel, which was discussing celebrity substance abuse issues and overdoses pegged to the recent death of Philip Seymour Hoffman, also apparently tried to "maliciously foreshadow to the viewers that commentators could 'see it coming' … that a celebrity such as Lindsay Lohan might inevitably become the next icon to join the infamous obituary list."
Heller wants the "immediate broadcast and publication of an apology and retraction, in as prominent a broadcast and publication fashion as the original … in order to try to mitigate the substantial damages."
He also laid the drama on thick by noting that the "irresponsible, thoughtless and insensitive media regurgitation no doubt contributes to the emotional weakening of these victims and pushes them further into the dark tunnel from which there is no return."
Speaking of Michael, he took time out from his own domestic issues to talk to the New York Daily News about how his daughter is getting her life in order, an optimistic announcement that's been floated repeatedly during her various rehab stints and legal scrapes.
He claims that Lindsay is cleaning up her act ahead of her role in the thriller "Inconceivable" by avoiding bad influences and hunkering down in her Manhattan apartment.
Says Michael, "She's cut the bad friends out of her life and is taking this seriously."
Lindsay's eponymous, Oprah-approved reality show debuts March 9.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite