- Photo: Mariah Carey's Twitter/.1 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: SharpShooter Images/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 6
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:40:15 AM
- 'Transcendence' Review: Johnny Depp Is a Ghost in the Machine in This Bug-Riddled MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 9:01:00 PM
- Bad Bangs: The Making of Billy Bob Thornton's Demented Fargo LookMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 8:46:00 PM
- 'Roswell' Stars to Reunite at ATX Television FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:20:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Review: Even Skeptics Can Find This Tale Humane and Even-HandMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:05:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDT
By Kat Giantis
Mariah Carey isn't waiting until her twins arrive to introduce them to her most favorite thing in the world. To brighten up her birthday on Sunday -- and perhaps relax after her false labor alarm -- the divalicious chanteuse broke out some body paint and decorated her very swollen belly with her signature insect, a butterfly.
And joy of joys, she shared a picture of her artistically rendered -- and gloriously a-popping -- tummy with the masses.
"My attempt @ festiveness on 327! For ATLITL thank u + I♥U!" excitedly tweeted Mariah, who just turned 41 or 42, depending on which source you believe. "Comin soon #dembabies! LYMA+thanx 4 making me happy:)."
In honor of the Nick Cannon-spawned boy and girl buns baking in her oven, Carey had one of the butterfly's wings painted blue and the other pink. Written above the equal opportunity insect: "dem babies," the mom-to-be's affectionate tag for her twins.
Mariah has made her fans a part of her incubation process thanks to Twitter, even revealing her weekend trip to the hospital after experiencing labor pains.
"So dem babies really wanted 2 celebrate w/us/share the anniversary! I started having contractions last night..went 2 the hospital," she wrote (for some reason, she refers to her birthday as her anniversary). "Finally they said I could come home after they got it under control but ... they almost came on 3/27- happy anniversary in deed!!! We have a few more weeks 2 go but- wow!!!: )"
While Carey counts down to the stork's arrival, her hubby is simply hoping to stay conscious during their debut.
"I am probably going to faint in the delivery room! I need to man up!" Cannon tweeted late last week. "Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP, since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal!"
RELATED: Why Mariah is a lucky star
From Crowd Ignite