- Photo: Rocke/Lopez/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: LL1/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Mario Anzuoni/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- J.J. Abrams Shows Deleted Benedict Cumberbatch Shower Scene on 'Conan' to Answer &MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 7:46:36 AM
- Stephen Colbert Channels His Inner John Boehner Channeling His Inner Chris RockMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 7:38:40 AM
- Lea Michele has book scheduled for 2014 releaseMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 7:38:25 AM
- Box Office: 'Hangover Part III' Grosses $3.1M at Late Night ShowingsMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 7:33:57 AM
- La Scala scales back on productions due to crisisMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 7:25:38 AM
- J.J. Abrams Shows Deleted Benedict Cumberbatch Shower Scene on 'Conan' to Answer &
By Kat Giantis
Madonna. Cher. Yanni. Pop culture loves its single-named celebrities, so color us unsurprised that Lindsay Lohan is taking time from her busy schedule of criminal proceedings and nonstop club-hopping to pare down her moniker.
That's according to mom-of-the-century Dina Lohan, who tells PopEater that her jailbird offspring has decided to ditch her ubiquitous last name.
"Lindsay is dropping the Lohan and just going by Lindsay," the spotlight-loving mom-ager explains. "Plus, me and [younger daughter] Ali will be officially changing our last names back to my maiden name, Sullivan."
In the wake of her semi-successful lawsuit against E-Trade for an ad featuring a "milkaholic" baby named Lindsay, the onetime actress apparently feels she no longer needs her surname.
An added incentive to going with a mononym: She wouldn't have to share a name with her execrable dad, Michael Lohan, who landed back behind bars this week for allegedly attacking sometime girlfriend Kate Major.
"So many of the greatest people in showbiz are known by just their first name. Look at Oprah and Beyonce. Now you can add Lindsay to that list," points out a slightly delusional "family friend," whose name likely rhymes with "Lina Dohan." "And it's a way for them all to start over. No one in the family want anything to do with Lindsay's father anymore and that includes sharing a last name."
Also getting in on the name-changing action is Lindsay's little brother, the unfortunately christened Michael Lohan Jr., who has apparently started going by the name Michael Cameron.
Not that we blame him in the slightest.
Meanwhile, Dina flaps her hard-working gums to RadarOnline about Lindsay's decision to reject a plea deal and instead go to trial over accusations that she stole a $2,500 necklace from a jewelry store.
“She was never going to plead guilty to a crime she didn't commit,” says Mama Lohan Sullivan. "All along Lindsay has never wavered regarding her innocence."
Dina also believes the endlessly analyzed surveillance footage will be Lindsay's ticket to freedom: "I saw the entire security tape, and it showed the necklace clearly being loaned to Lindsay."
Of course it did.
Alas, Lindsay's troubles continue to pile up. According to TMZ, police are taking another look at the run-in she reportedly had in December with a Betty Ford staffer.
RELATED: Lindsay's kombucha problem
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite