- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 18
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.6 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 18
- Photo: Charles Sykes/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP9 of 18
- Photo: AO1/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks11 of 18
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks12 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage13 of 18
- Photo: Fernando Lucena/StarTraks14 of 18
- Photo: CS5/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
By Kat Giantis
On the heels of her split from husband Robin Thicke, Paula Patton was wedding ring-free as she arrived back in Los Angeles on Wednesday sporting chic, head-to-toe black (see the photo here). The actress, who has been in Vancouver, B.C. filming "Warcraft," smiled for paparazzi and made no effort to hide her newly bare ring finger.
That she ditched the bauble isn't too much of a surprise, what with the rumor mill convinced that she's the one who pushed to end the couple's nearly nine-year union.
"Robin wanted to save their marriage, but it was Paula's choice and she ended it," a source tells Us. "Robin does not want this divorce."
That's something he made clear on Thursday, when he arrived for a concert in Washington, D.C. As a TMZ cameraman tossed out questions about the split, Thicke quietly said, "I'm just trying to get her back."
Patton, 38, and Thicke, 36, began dating in high school. They got hitched on 2005 and welcomed son Julian five years later.
"Robin was not blindsided -- he knew this was coming out," adds a second insider. "But he was committed to saving their marriage. He didn't want this."
Word is, the crooner canceled a concert last Friday to wing to Canada in a last-ditch attempt to get his missus to reconsider. She wouldn't.
"She is done with the marriage, but he was definitely fighting to stay together until the last moment," chimes in another spy. "It is still cordial between them, but they are now figuring things out."
As for what prompted Patton to pull the plug, theories vary from his wandering eye (and roaming hands) to the more far-fetched idea that she was still upset that he was twerked upon by Miley Cyrus at the MTV VMAs in August.
TMZ floats the possibility that Paula felt "utterly disrespected" by Robin's performance and had a "blow-out argument" about it because she believed he "insulted her before a huge national TV audience." Thicke discounted this possibility on Thursday.
Patton also supposedly "went nuclear" when photos surfaced of him getting touchy-feely with a blonde at a VMA afterparty, a more believable scenario.
Publicly, she brushed off both incidents.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite