- Photo: WENN1 of 22
- Photo: Premiere/CPR/Fame Flynet2 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 22
- Photo: Rob Griffith/Invision/AP4 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 22
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks6 of 22
- Photo: Disney/Promotional7 of 22
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 22
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP9 of 22
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 22
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks11 of 22
- Photo: JOCHEN ZICK/StarTraks12 of 22
- Photo: Mark Davis/GettyImages.com13 of 22
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP14 of 22
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks15 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 22
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News17 of 22
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage18 of 22
- Photo: WENN19 of 22
- Photo: Hot Shots Worldwide/Splash News20 of 22
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP21 of 22
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
By Kat Giantis
Hot date or a particularly entertaining business meeting? Last week, Lainey Gossip spied Michelle Williams and Jason Segel chatting and laughing into the wee hours at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles, leading to speculation that a romance may be blossoming.
The night began as a threesome, with Michelle's joined-at-the-hip BFF Busy Philipps tagging along. But she ducked out early, leaving Williams and Segel alone.
For the next few hours, the funnyman reportedly made the Oscar-nominated actress laugh "a lot" as they enjoyed "several" glasses of wine.
Word is, the pair were "relaxed and happy" before making their exit (he paid the bill) around 1:30 a.m.
More chuckles are said to have ensued when Williams indicated that it was getting late, prompting Segel, who evidently lives near the hotel, to insist the night was still young.
Further fueling the romance rumors was Jason's left-field tweet on Sunday: "Honestly a totally hypothetical question but I'm curious. If I fell in love would you guys be happy?"
Judging from the overwhelmingly positive response to the possibility of the serious-seeming actress dating a guy who's willing to go naked on-screen for a laugh, "you guys" would be very happy indeed.
Since splitting with Heath Ledger a few months before his death in January 2008, Michelle, 31, has dated director Spike Jonze and been linked to filmmaker Cary Fukunaga. But she's mainly devoted herself to raising daughter Matilda, who, at 6, remains the spitting image of her late father.
"Relationships have always seemed very mysterious, and therefore worth exploring," she told Vogue in September. "I'm single, so it's still kind of a mystery -- a worthwhile mystery, one that I want to be on the scent of."
Segel, 32, who counts his "Freaks and Geeks" co-star Linda Cardellini among his exes, is no stranger to entertaining lovely ladies at the Chateau Marmont. Turns out the "Muppets" writer and star shared an almost identical evening with Rashida Jones a few years back, right down to the laughter and tab-paying.
So, tell us: Do you think Michelle and Jason would make a good couple? Weigh in below ...
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite