- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP4 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet7 of 19
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA9 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP10 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP11 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: AKM-GSI/.13 of 19
- Photo: TS/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 19
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News15 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: AGF s.r.l./Rex/Rex USA17 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA18 of 19
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner/Rex USA19 of 19
And here we thought the salad days of massive celebrity paychecks were pretty much over. The Hollywood Reporter says Sandra Bullock will earn at least $70 million (yes, seven-zero) for her lost-in-space performance in "Gravity," a career best cash-wise for the Best Actress Oscar nominee.
The astronomical math breaks down thusly: The actress pocketed $20 million upfront for signing on to the Alfonso Cuaron-directed astronaut drama. She also received 15 percent of "first-dollar gross," meaning the studio's box office receipts after her upfront fee is covered.
The film has so far raked in north of $700 million worldwide, and Warner Bros., the studio behind it, is expected to pocket around 45 percent of that. Bullock's cut from that chunk is estimated to be more than $30 million. She's also set to earn "at least" $20 million from home video, TV and other revenue streams, says THR.
How did the actress negotiate such a lucrative (and "highly unusual in today's marketplace") deal amid studio cutbacks? The trade says the timing was right: Bullock, 49, signed on to the physically demanding role in 2010, before the current big-name economizing.
She was coming off her Oscar win for "The Blind Side," and Warner Bros. was scrambling to cast a "megastar" lead after Angelina Jolie exited the project (someone may be kicking themselves right about now).
No word on what Sandra's only on-screen co-star, George Clooney, earned for the flick.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite