- Photo: Axelle Woussen/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: TMZ/.2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: DZILLA/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin4 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: KB4/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- NASCAR Star Tony Stewart's Case in Death of Fellow Driver Heads to Grand JuryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 2:00:00 PM
- Top 20 TV Ratings: NFL Dominates, 'Biggest Loser' and 'Hell's KiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 1:40:00 PM
- 'Royal Pains' Star Mark Feuerstein Joining 'Nurse Jackie's&aMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 1:02:00 PM
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:40:00 PM
- 'Ellen' Show's Return Banks Highest-Rated Week in Show HistoryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:29:00 PM
- NASCAR Star Tony Stewart's Case in Death of Fellow Driver Heads to Grand Jury
By Kat Giantis
Here's hoping that getting punched in the head has knocked some sense into Shia LaBeouf. In the wake of having his noodle walloped, on video, by a portly, shirtless gentleman on the sidewalk outside a bar in Vancouver, B.C., the trouble-prone actor is facing a potential intervention from his friends.
The Chicago Sun-Times claims Shia's pals are "hoping to persuade" him to start anger management counseling so he can get a handle of his seemingly lightning-fast fuse.
A crew member on the star's currently filming flick "The Company You Keep" says last weekend's scuffle began when the beefy, punch-throwing bar patron took several potshots at LaBeouf and his manhood, "which is something Shia should have just ignored. But unfortunately, he let the guy get under his thin skin, and he followed him out into the street, where the man knocked him down before Shia's friends broke things up and helped cool it down."
Continues the insider, "These things can happen when Shia's been drinking. He can turn nasty so fast. ... He's like Sean Penn. One moment he can be totally charming, and then he'll lose it and go off on someone, especially when it's a nut in a bar who is looking for a fight."
According to the source, Shia has recently tossed tantrums around his inner circle, apparently "even" while sober. And, like so many bad things in the world, part of the blame for LaBeouf's behavior is laid at the feet of "Transformers" schlockmeister Michael Bay.
"I think it stems largely from him seeing how Michael Bay treats everyone like s--- ," posits the source. "Shia's totally copied his demeanor in so many situations. He even comes up with the same insults as Michael when he's putting someone down."
LaBeouf, who also got into a tussle in February outside a bar in Sherman Oaks, Calif., and had a heated exchange with Marilyn Manson at a Los Angeles bar in August, would be wise to take the advice of his buddy, who was heard on the brawl video urging him, "Better lay low right now."
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTToronto Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite