- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: JM5/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks4 of 13
- Photo: Henry S. Dziekan III/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Amanda Edwards/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Andre Penner/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Twitter10 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- Patrick Warburton Set to Reboot 'The Tick' as an Amazon PilotMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:14:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Thanks Fans for Support: 'Her Condition Remains SeriMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 7:20:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; Bogdanov
Shortly after news of Demi Moore's hospitalization broke, her rep explained that she planned to seek "professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health." That seemed like an especially good idea after the release of the 911 call, in which her friends seemed to imply that the 49-year-old actress suffered a seizure after ingesting some questionable substances.
But E! News says that, as of a few days ago, at any rate, Demi hadn't yet entered a rehab facility but was undergoing "spiritual counseling," which may or may not be related to her longtime devotion to Kabbalah.
You'll recall that she turned to the red-stringed religion when her marriage to Ashton Kutcher was crumbling, with the fizzling pair reportedly going on a camping trip with their Kabbalah instructor.
Meanwhile, a source insists that Moore's apparent problems weren't triggered solely by the breakdown of her six-year marriage to the actor, 33.
"This is not just about Ashton," tattles the confidant to E!'s Ted Casablanca. "I'm sure Ashton would like to think it's all about him."
According to the insider, "What [Demi's] going through now is not just things not working out with Ashton. It's really more about the toll it takes on any ambitious woman in this town."
That toll supposedly includes "constantly having to prove you're not just a pretty face but a talented actor, as well. Constantly having to prove you're a good mother, not just a celebutante around town who goes to parties instead of looking after her family. Having to stay sober in a town that's so not."
Demi, whose oldest daughter, Rumer Willis, is believed to have been with her when she went into convulsions, had a brief stint in rehab way back in 1984.
Speculation continues over what landed the worryingly slimline star in the hospital, with current culprits including whip-its, energy drinks, Salvia and, out in front (via the New York Post), K2 Spice, a legal synthetic that fits the "she smoked something ... similar to incense" description given by her friend to the 911 operator.
Either way, at least one member of her inner circle assures everyone she's going to be just fine.
"I think she's doing much better than it's made out to be," downplays director Patty Jenkins. "Demi is awesome and so strong. I also hate when people make it a bigger drama than what is going on. She's great."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite