- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 7
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 7
- Photo: Josephine Santos/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Shea Walsh/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 10:18 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:18:21 AM
- 'Lust, Caution' actress Tang marries in SwedenMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:18:06 AM
- Sorry, Shark Week: Logo Plans 'Snark Week'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:00:00 AM
- 'The Hundred-Foot Journey' Review: Helen Mirren Can Add Only So Much FlavorMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:00:00 AM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Should Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 6:57:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 10:18 a.m. EDT
By Kat Giantis
It's a dark day for young, camera-friendly love, because Emma Roberts and Chord Overstreet have reportedly called it quits after nine months of togetherness.
Chord, 22, and Emma, 20, began dating in the spring after hooking up at the Coachella Music Festival. And just two weeks ago, everything seemed fine as they hit the Golden Globes party circuit together.
So, what made them throw in the towel?
"They're just on two different paths in life," an insider tells JustJared. "They just grew apart and decided to part ways."
Shrugs another spy to Us. "They're both young kids. They had crushes on each other, but the relationship ran its course. She isn't and wasn't looking for a serious thing."
The starlet (and niece of Julia Roberts) recently made the scene at the Sundance Film Festival, and she's "back to having fun now," says the Us snitch, seemingly implying that dating the baby-faced "Glee" actor left something to be desired in the enjoyment department.
"He's so nice and was such a good boyfriend," sighs one disappointed source. "He was always so sweet."
Last month, Overstreet assured Ryan Seacrest that all was well with Roberts.
"Everything's good right now," he said. "We have a blast together. ... I mean, we're having fun and we get along."
When asked if he'd ever experienced a painful breakup, Chord responded, "No, I always kind of avoided that."
Emma, by the way, recently put her studies at Sarah Lawrence College on hold after one semester in order to return to making movies.
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite