- Photo: Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
By Kat Giantis
As the saying goes, in humor, there is truth. Or maybe that's wine. Whichever. The point is, before calling it quits with Katy Perry, Russell Brand made what turned out to be an unfortunate joke about his marital vows in a promotional video for a November college comedy tour.
In the vid, the British funnyman discusses his desire to increase his limited knowledge of sororities (he wonders if "they are sort of sex clubs for women") before jokingly removing his ring for the camera.
"I'm going to place this somewhere very, very safe for the next week," he quips.
Or maybe longer.
At the time, however, Katy found the hint-of-infidelity bit funny. On Nov. 16, the popster shared a link to the video with her 13 million-plus Twitter followers, asking for support for her "fowl [sic] mouthed hubby."
A little more than a month later, Russell filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.
This week, Perry bowed out of an appearance at Wednesday's People's Choice Awards, a decision likely brought on by both the breakup fallout and her parents' controversial appearance last week at an Ohio church.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite