- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 24
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 24
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 24
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN4 of 24
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/REX/StarTraks5 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 24
- Photo: NC1/TWT/WENN11 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 24
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage13 of 24
- Photo: AO1/WENN14 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage15 of 24
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 24
- Photo: Paul White/Invision/AP17 of 24
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP18 of 24
- Photo: Kathy Willens/Invision/AP19 of 24
- Photo: RG4/WENN20 of 24
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP21 of 24
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP22 of 24
- Photo: CLAUDE PARIS/Invision/AP23 of 24
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
By Kat Giantis
Tom Cruise has never been overly burdened with self-awareness, so it's with a hairy eyeball that we bring you a report that alleges he's ready to ditch the bad press-plagued Church of Scientology as part of a master plan to persuade Katie Holmes to give him another chance.
''It was a terrifying and rude awakening for Tom when Katie served him with divorce papers," a source contends to the London Mirror. "He's used to feeling undefeatable and untouchable. When he lost Katie, he felt [like] a failure."
Cruise, who reportedly hasn't seen 6-year-old daughter Suri in three months, has been a Scientology devotee for more than 25 years. According to Rolling Stone, he's supposedly reached a level within the church that promises adherents total control over their environment, including "the ability to move inanimate objects with their minds, leave their bodies at will and telepathically communicate with, and control the behavior of, both animals and human beings."
But the Mirror purports that he's now "distancing himself" from the L. Ron Hubbard-founded religion because he believes it contributed to the end of his marriages to Holmes and Nicole Kidman (his first union, to Mimi Rogers, ended because, as she told Playboy in 1993, "Tom was seriously thinking of becoming a monk. He thought he had to be celibate to maintain the purity of his instrument.").
"He has always used the Scientology techniques, but he has now realized they don't work in marriage," asserts the spy, who dubiously posits that Holmes would "reconsider" her newfound freedom if Cruise made a clean break from the church.
"She was in love with Tom," says the source. "He was her childhood crush. It took a lot of strength to break free. But now she has peace of mind but no love."
Of course, considering that it's only been two months since the divorce was finalized, perhaps Holmes is giving herself a little time to heal before bringing someone new into the New York life she's building with Suri.
And before you start yelling, "Noooooooo! Run, Katie, run!" we checked with Cruise's rep. She tells Wonderwall that talk he's leaving Scientology in hopes of winning back Holmes is "false."
"Katie doesn't want to tie herself down just yet, but she says she's done going out with actors," says a snitch. "Katie's more interested in the quiet life now, and an unassuming artist would fit the bill perfectly for when she's ready."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite