Tom Cruise Ditching Scientology in Attempt to Win Back Katie Holmes?Related: Hot Gossip, Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, Suri Cruise
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 24
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 24
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 24
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN4 of 24
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/REX/StarTraks5 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 24
- Photo: NC1/TWT/WENN11 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 24
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage13 of 24
- Photo: AO1/WENN14 of 24
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage15 of 24
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP16 of 24
- Photo: Paul White/AP17 of 24
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP18 of 24
- Photo: Kathy Willens/AP19 of 24
- Photo: RG4/WENN20 of 24
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/AP21 of 24
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP22 of 24
- Photo: CLAUDE PARIS/AP23 of 24
More Celeb News
- ITV Pays $30M for Controlling Interest in 'Hatfields' Producer ThinkfactoryMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 9:27:35 AM
- Ratings: ABC Wins With NBA Finals, 'Voice' Finale Steady With Spring, Down From FaMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 9:05:37 AM
- Rachel Maddow Calls Journalist Michael Hastings 'Angry,' 'Loving,&apoMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 8:34:17 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Wants 'To Channing All Over Your Tatum,' Whatever That Means (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 8:22:52 AM
- Broadway Box Office Up 6% After Tony AwardsMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 8:06:36 AM
- ITV Pays $30M for Controlling Interest in 'Hatfields' Producer Thinkfactory
By Kat Giantis
Tom Cruise has never been overly burdened with self-awareness, so it's with a hairy eyeball that we bring you a report that alleges he's ready to ditch the bad press-plagued Church of Scientology as part of a master plan to persuade Katie Holmes to give him another chance.
''It was a terrifying and rude awakening for Tom when Katie served him with divorce papers," a source contends to the London Mirror. "He's used to feeling undefeatable and untouchable. When he lost Katie, he felt [like] a failure."
Cruise, who reportedly hasn't seen 6-year-old daughter Suri in three months, has been a Scientology devotee for more than 25 years. According to Rolling Stone, he's supposedly reached a level within the church that promises adherents total control over their environment, including "the ability to move inanimate objects with their minds, leave their bodies at will and telepathically communicate with, and control the behavior of, both animals and human beings."
But the Mirror purports that he's now "distancing himself" from the L. Ron Hubbard-founded religion because he believes it contributed to the end of his marriages to Holmes and Nicole Kidman (his first union, to Mimi Rogers, ended because, as she told Playboy in 1993, "Tom was seriously thinking of becoming a monk. He thought he had to be celibate to maintain the purity of his instrument.").
"He has always used the Scientology techniques, but he has now realized they don't work in marriage," asserts the spy, who dubiously posits that Holmes would "reconsider" her newfound freedom if Cruise made a clean break from the church.
"She was in love with Tom," says the source. "He was her childhood crush. It took a lot of strength to break free. But now she has peace of mind but no love."
Of course, considering that it's only been two months since the divorce was finalized, perhaps Holmes is giving herself a little time to heal before bringing someone new into the New York life she's building with Suri.
And before you start yelling, "Noooooooo! Run, Katie, run!" we checked with Cruise's rep. She tells Wonderwall that talk he's leaving Scientology in hopes of winning back Holmes is "false."
"Katie doesn't want to tie herself down just yet, but she says she's done going out with actors," says a snitch. "Katie's more interested in the quiet life now, and an unassuming artist would fit the bill perfectly for when she's ready."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite