Hugh Grant opens up about fatherhood
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin1 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 12
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: Nathan Strange/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Tristan Gregory / Camera Press/Retna Digital5 of 12
- Photo: Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: TitoMedia.com.au/Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Splash News8 of 12
- Photo: Lawrence Schwartzwald/Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: WireImage.com10 of 12
- Photo: Manu Fernandez/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Gotham' Stars Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor Talk 'Trying to Merge LiMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Review: Kenny Chesney shows the way on new albumMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:54:00 AM
- 9 Marquez e-books coming out in EnglishMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:52:02 AM
- Maestro Muti skipping strike-plagued Rome theaterMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:49:44 AM
- APNewsBreak: 'The Lion King' makes historyMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:46:02 AM
- 'Gotham' Stars Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor Talk 'Trying to Merge Li
British actor Hugh Grant has opened up about becoming a father for the first time last year, saying he feels he's a better person now he's a dad.
RELATED: Pop Culture Love Triangles
The "Notting Hill" star made headlines in November when he revealed he had a 1-month old daughter following an affair with former model Tinglan Hong.
Grant had not commented about his child and the relationship, but he recently told Britain's Guardian Weekend magazine how fatherhood has affected him.
Revealing that his little girl is named Tabitha, he says, "I did feel a little lumpy (emotional) when I first met my daughter, yeah. Lots of people said, 'Never let anyone know, but the baby period is not that exciting.' But I am excited, actually. I thought, well, I'll bluff through -- but very little bluffing has been required. I like my daughter very much. Fantastic. Has she changed my life? I'm not sure. Not yet. Not massively, no. But I'm absolutely thrilled to have had her, I really am. And I feel a better person."
RELATED: Foxy 50 Over 50
Grant is keen to instill a sense of discipline in his daughter at a young age, adding, "There's a lot of over-parenting, to my eye, anyway. I do think discipline's important. I'm very glad that I had quite a strict mother who was big on discipline, because you really cannot get anything done in life if there's too much, 'Oh, well, if you don't feel like it, don't do it, just express yourself,' I'm not really very big on that."
And the 51-year-old is adamant he will not be leaving his fortune to Tabitha, as he wants her to learn the value of money the hard way.
He adds, "My other worry is about -- and as I say, there are few things in life I believe in 100 percent -- but another one is not giving your children money. I see nothing but f----ups among my trust-fund friends. It's like 99 percent f----ups. So I would not want to do that to my children, no."
Tabitha, who lives mainly with her mother, also has a Chinese name, and Grant is planning to learn the language to help his daughter become bilingual.
He explains, "I haven't given it the attention it needs yet. I do know some disgusting Chinese words. They're not entirely appropriate for baby rearing."
RELATED: Notorious Cheating Scandals
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite