Gwyneth: I Can Be Mean and Vengeful, but It Makes Me Feel Just TerribleRelated: Hot Gossip, Gwyneth Paltrow
- Photo: Nousha Salimi/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Courtesy of Vogue UK/Promotional2 of 10
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 10
- Photo: Ian Lawrence/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/GettyImages.com8 of 10
- Photo: Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
Last month, Gwyneth Paltrow took to her inner aspect-nourishing GOOP newsletter to ruminate on what happens when a longtime friend makes you feel "drained, empty, belittled or insulted." Now, she's returned to the frenemy topic in a sit-down with the May issue of British Vogue (via the London Daily Telegraph), admitting that even she, an Oscar-winning actress and mother of two creatively named tots, can be both unkind and unforgiving on occasion.
"Oh yes, I can be mean," acknowledges Gwyn, who gives her trademark half-smile on the cover in a blond bob and heavy eyeliner stolen from her upper-crust character in "The Royal Tenenbaums." "I can cave in to gossip. I can ice people out and I can definitely harbor revenge. In fact, I'm having a situation right now with a friend where I'm feeling pretty angry."
RELATED: See more pics of Gwyneth
Unfortunately, she doesn't reveal who she's having the (organic, cruelty-free) beef with, but she says such ooky feelings have a detrimental effect on her health.
"Revenge is corrosive," pronounces Mrs. Chris Martin, whose husband, apropos of nothing, adamantly denied whispers linking him to their mutual pal Kate Bosworth late last year. "I'll wake up in the morning and think, 'Ugh, I feel terrible' and suddenly realize, 'Ah, that's why. I'm holding on to so much hate.'"
Paltrow has dismissed speculation that her "friendship divorce" musings on GOOP were sparked by a falling out with longtime friend Madonna over trainer Tracy Anderson, a point she drove home last week when she joined the Big M for dinner in London.
In fact, she says it's better that the sinewy pop megastar no longer has use for Anderson's butt-firming services, because "it was too much. She keeps people waiting -- it takes up your whole day."
Gwyneth, who is apparently planning to open a London outpost of the high-priced New York gym she started with the trainer last year, gives her full credit for her toned-up figure.
"Oh, I had to work hard to get it like this, but now I'm here it's so great because I don't have to think about it. I can just enjoy life. What a relief that is," she said. "I can eat what I want, as long as I exercise, which is just as well, because if I put the word 'diet' into my brain, I immediately gain a stone."
Or, to put it in a unit of weight understood by someone who grew up on this side of the pond (hey, like Gwyneth!), she immediately gains 14 pounds.
RELATED VIDEO: The top 5 celebrity diets
Paltrow, who is out plugging "Iron Man 2," shows off the fat-free fruits of her squat-intensive labor in the pages of the mag by posing in a surprisingly classy bra-and-panty set.
Meanwhile, on days when she's not being photographed in lingerie for top-tier fashion magazines, she's at home (or, in one of her adjoining homes) with her Coldplay hubby and kids Apple, 5, and Moses, 3, and working on GOOP and her forthcoming cookbook.
"And that's partly because I have this whole other passion, which is home-making. I always have ... since I was little," explains Gwyneth. "As silly as that sounds -- it's not 1955, after all -- it's really important to me, all that stuff, sitting round a table as a family."
Read more Hot Gossip
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite