Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin vacation in Bahamas after split
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Mario Magnani/GettyImages.com2 of 10
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America3 of 10
- Photo: Goop/.4 of 10
- Photo: StarTraks5 of 10
- Photo: GRPR/GSI6 of 10
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin7 of 10
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin8 of 10
- Photo: StarTraks9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Not exactly the most carefree getaway of all time. As previously reported, Gwyneth Paltrow and estranged husband Chris Martin, along with kids Apple, 9, and Moses, 7, stole away to the Bahamas in advance of their surprising split announcement, which dropped via GOOP late March 25. "They left town just before releasing the statement to avoid the media frenzy," one source tells Us Weekly of the actress, 41, and Coldplay frontman, 37, who revealed that they're "consciously uncoupling" after over 10 years of marriage.
A second insider tells Us that the foursome are staying at a rented private beachfront home in Eleuthera; the private, ultra-secluded residence costs roughly $7,500 weekly. Since their arrival, Paltrow and Martin have been hanging out with the kids by the beach, and also carved out some time for horseback riding. "When only Gwyneth and Chris are together, there appears to be some tension," the insider says. "But when the kids are with them, they appear to be one big happy family with no cares in the world."
Still, "there are no signs of any PDA , holding hands, or kissing on the beach. There was definitely a noticeably intimate distance," continues the source Thankfully, the kids appeared to be "happy and playful" and seem unfazed by their parents' drama.
The couple's split announcement, of course, expressed their enduring commitment to raising Apple and Moses together: "We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. ... We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children."
Indeed, the first source explains that the Oscar winner and British rocker "will try to make it as easy as possible" for the kids. "The whole plan is to do this as amicably as possible."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite