Gwyneth Paltrow defends cookbook from critics
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 8
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA3 of 8
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/StarTraks4 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA6 of 8
- Photo: Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- VIDEO: Check Out a Clip from The Killing Season 4MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:14:00 AM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- VIDEO: Check Out a Clip from The Killing Season 4
Gwyneth Paltrow has taken aim at critics who are slamming her new cookbook for the allegedly costly recipes, insisting sensational bloggers are spreading vicious rumors just to get attention.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
The Oscar-winner's latest culinary guide, "It's All Good," which was released earlier this month, has been panned by reviewers for offering menu ideas that include pricey ingredients such as duck eggs and Manuka honey.
One critic at Yahoo estimated it would cost around $300 a day to feed a family based on a selection of Paltrow's recipes, but on Wednesday the "Iron Man" star defended her book during an appearance on "Good Morning America," as she demonstrated how to cook up some of her favorite dishes.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
She said, "That is insane. I mean, this meal here is like $2 a person, so I don't know where they're getting (that from). I say I like honey, like raw honey, and a jar is $25, but it lasts for two years. So they were just being sensationalist. There is a lot of inches of column that people need to fill, and a lot of times they just try to get attention and say things that aren't true, unfortunately."
And the mom-of-two insists fans can always find alternatives to keep the cost down: "For example, I like to use organic chicken, but it's more expensive -- you don't have to."
RELATED: Ke$ha's worst looks
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite