Gwyneth Paltrow: 'I wouldn't hold a judgment about' dating a sex addict
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: Diane Cohen/FA/Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: RR5/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Corbis5 of 17
- Photo: Interstar/NPG6 of 17
- Photo: AR4/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA8 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Christian Rudnik/StarTraks10 of 17
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA11 of 17
- Photo: AP Photo/Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza / WENN/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Aldo Verretti/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA14 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: Aldo Verretti/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
It's understandable if the name Gwyneth Paltrow connotes things like quinoa, the Hamptons and expensive sweaters, all of which she's prone to praising on her website, GOOP. But those interests don't prevent the actress from cracking the occasional bawdy joke -- or being open-minded to a few taboos, as she proved at a recent press day for her new film, "Thanks for Sharing," in which she dates a sex addict in recovery.
Asked about her own experience with addiction, for example, Paltrow quipped, "I'm just straight-up Internet porn."
Joking aside, the actress, who has two kids with hubby Chris Martin, went on to admit that she would be willing to date a sex addict, as long as he could be honest about the problem.
"I think that I'm an extremely open-minded person," she said. "If someone says, 'Look. This is part of who I am and what I'm dealing [with],' it wouldn't keep me from exploring a relationship with someone if I felt that everything else was lined up. I think it would be hard for me to be one of those wives that 20 years in, you find out that it's been going on behind your back for your whole life. And so you're questioning what is your life. What has it been? What is what? I think that would be harder for me. But if there's authenticity and honesty at the beginning, I wouldn't hold a judgment about it."
RELATED: Hollywood's best blondes
But could she, in that situation, forgive her partner if he cheated?
"I think that in life, the idea is that if you're committed to someone and you're in a relationship that's important to you, you surmount things," she mused. "For different couples, it takes on different challenges. I mean, I would like to think that I would be forgiving, and it's also something in that scenario that I would know going in what I was signing up for."
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite