Gwyneth Paltrow On Bad Cleanse Experience: It 'Left Me Hallucinating After 10 Days'
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Christian Rudnik/StarTraks4 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA10 of 17
- Photo: Picasa/GOOP/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks12 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: Glamour14 of 17
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: NBC16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Saved by the Bell' Movie's Taylor Russell Books Recurring Role on TNT&amMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 10:00:00 AM
- Celebrate 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' With Historical Doc 'Last Hijack&aMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 9:53:00 AM
- Joan Rivers May Be Gone, But She Still Plans on Buying iPhone 6MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 9:51:00 AM
- Jazz at Lincoln Center opens season with 'Ochas'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 9:29:16 AM
- Amber Heard Joins Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike' Sequel (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 9:16:00 AM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Movie's Taylor Russell Books Recurring Role on TNT&am
It's no secret that Gwyneth Paltrow is a fan of diet and exercise trends -- but one that she tried in her 20s came at a high cost: "hallucinating after 10 days."
"I've done juice cleanses in the past, and in my 20s, I did the Master Cleanse, which left me hallucinating after 10 days," she admitted in a column she penned for the UK's Telegraph. "Be aware: a juice detox can crash your metabolism and lead to future weight gain."
The Goop founder dished out that helpful piece of advice and more for the paper on Monday. According to the mother-of-two (to kids Apple, 9, and Moses, 7, with husband Chris Martin, 36), it's also more productive to measure weight loss in inches, not pounds.
"There is something punitive about weighing yourself," she wrote. "It can leave you vulnerable to shame and guilt, and it messes with you psychologically. Women naturally gain and lose weight during their monthly cycle anyway, so it can be more realistic to monitor your body shape with a measuring tape."
This isn't the first time the lifestyle guru has offered her unsolicited advice to fans. Paltrow, 40, also recently chatted with British Cosmopolitan about her take on aging and Botox.
"I don't like Botox. I think on some faces it works, but it's when you can really see it that it start to look fake," she said. "I love how French actresses age but don't really do anything about it -- it's beautiful."
Paltrow instead prefers to stay fit with a regular workout routine -- the Tracy Anderson Method -- and a balanced diet, with the occasional cheat.
"Allow yourself programmed treats -- I often have a glass of red wine in the evening and smoke a cigarette on a Saturday," she advised readers in the Telegraph column. "I love those moments because they are just the right amount of naughty."
"That balance keeps you vibrant," she concluded. "You have to live your life, after all."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite