Gwyneth Paltrow praises Met gala in Goop a week after bashing it
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: Christian Rudnik/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: AP Photo/Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Zibi/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: © Phil Loftus / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Mandatory Byline: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New PresidentMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:44:54 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Second Night Draws Steady RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:31:40 AM
- Fox COO Chase Carey: 'A La Carte Cable is a Farce'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:28:45 AM
- How McG Lured Producer Lance Sloane Back to Warner Bros. With 'Aim High'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:27:11 AM
- Dan Rather Says CBS News Has 'A Lot to Answer' About '60 Minutes&aposMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:00:48 AM
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New President
"The Met Ball, at NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art, is always the year's most elaborate display of incredible fashion and this year was no different," the actress writes. She then goes on to describe in detail just how her custom fuchsia Valentino Haute Couture dress, featuring a sheer panel just above the chest, was created. (For the record, it took two fittings plus last-minute, day-of alterations to get just the right look.)
Her stylist Elizabeth Saltzman also chimes in to explain her rationale behind the dress selection: "In thinking about what Gwyneth could wear, I didn't want her to show up in a costume. So this look is all about anarchy -- truly going against the grain and not wearing what everyone expects. That's about as punk as you can get."
In a post-Met gala interview with Australian radio hosts Kyle and Jackie O, Paltrow, 40, complained about the event's dress code: "I think we're all a bit old to dress up punk," she said by way of explaining her more conservative attire. "I just went as kind of normal." (Her former bestie, Madonna, 54, on the other hand, went all-out in a racy fishnet body stocking, a studded jacket and hot pink pumps.)
In the latest Goop issue, the Oscar-winning actress also shares her favorite looks from the night, and true to her word, none were costume-y. Paltrow picked Carey Mulligan, in a black Balenciaga cutout dress; model Cara Delevingne, in a black Burberry gown with plunging neckline; and Miranda Kerr, in a revealing Michael Kors cutout number, as best-dressed.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJust Like Mom
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite