Gwyneth Paltrow praises Met gala in Goop a week after bashing it
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: Christian Rudnik/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: AP Photo/Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Zibi/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: © Phil Loftus / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Mandatory Byline: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
"The Met Ball, at NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art, is always the year's most elaborate display of incredible fashion and this year was no different," the actress writes. She then goes on to describe in detail just how her custom fuchsia Valentino Haute Couture dress, featuring a sheer panel just above the chest, was created. (For the record, it took two fittings plus last-minute, day-of alterations to get just the right look.)
Her stylist Elizabeth Saltzman also chimes in to explain her rationale behind the dress selection: "In thinking about what Gwyneth could wear, I didn't want her to show up in a costume. So this look is all about anarchy -- truly going against the grain and not wearing what everyone expects. That's about as punk as you can get."
In a post-Met gala interview with Australian radio hosts Kyle and Jackie O, Paltrow, 40, complained about the event's dress code: "I think we're all a bit old to dress up punk," she said by way of explaining her more conservative attire. "I just went as kind of normal." (Her former bestie, Madonna, 54, on the other hand, went all-out in a racy fishnet body stocking, a studded jacket and hot pink pumps.)
In the latest Goop issue, the Oscar-winning actress also shares her favorite looks from the night, and true to her word, none were costume-y. Paltrow picked Carey Mulligan, in a black Balenciaga cutout dress; model Cara Delevingne, in a black Burberry gown with plunging neckline; and Miranda Kerr, in a revealing Michael Kors cutout number, as best-dressed.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite