Gwyneth Paltrow praises Met gala in Goop a week after bashing it
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: Christian Rudnik/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: AP Photo/Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Zibi/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: © Phil Loftus / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Mandatory Byline: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
"The Met Ball, at NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art, is always the year's most elaborate display of incredible fashion and this year was no different," the actress writes. She then goes on to describe in detail just how her custom fuchsia Valentino Haute Couture dress, featuring a sheer panel just above the chest, was created. (For the record, it took two fittings plus last-minute, day-of alterations to get just the right look.)
Her stylist Elizabeth Saltzman also chimes in to explain her rationale behind the dress selection: "In thinking about what Gwyneth could wear, I didn't want her to show up in a costume. So this look is all about anarchy -- truly going against the grain and not wearing what everyone expects. That's about as punk as you can get."
In a post-Met gala interview with Australian radio hosts Kyle and Jackie O, Paltrow, 40, complained about the event's dress code: "I think we're all a bit old to dress up punk," she said by way of explaining her more conservative attire. "I just went as kind of normal." (Her former bestie, Madonna, 54, on the other hand, went all-out in a racy fishnet body stocking, a studded jacket and hot pink pumps.)
In the latest Goop issue, the Oscar-winning actress also shares her favorite looks from the night, and true to her word, none were costume-y. Paltrow picked Carey Mulligan, in a black Balenciaga cutout dress; model Cara Delevingne, in a black Burberry gown with plunging neckline; and Miranda Kerr, in a revealing Michael Kors cutout number, as best-dressed.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite