Gwyneth Paltrow praises Met gala in Goop a week after bashing it
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: Christian Rudnik/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: AP Photo/Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Zibi/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: © Phil Loftus / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Mandatory Byline: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- First Look: Meet Grimm's Newest Wesen: Octo-Man!MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 'Fight Club 2' Coming to Comics Courtesy of Book's Author Chuck PalahniukMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:49:00 AM
- 'True Blood's' Nelsan Ellis Slams Luke Grimes For Quitting Over Bisexual MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 9:53:00 PM
- Naya Rivera marries in secret
"The Met Ball, at NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art, is always the year's most elaborate display of incredible fashion and this year was no different," the actress writes. She then goes on to describe in detail just how her custom fuchsia Valentino Haute Couture dress, featuring a sheer panel just above the chest, was created. (For the record, it took two fittings plus last-minute, day-of alterations to get just the right look.)
Her stylist Elizabeth Saltzman also chimes in to explain her rationale behind the dress selection: "In thinking about what Gwyneth could wear, I didn't want her to show up in a costume. So this look is all about anarchy -- truly going against the grain and not wearing what everyone expects. That's about as punk as you can get."
In a post-Met gala interview with Australian radio hosts Kyle and Jackie O, Paltrow, 40, complained about the event's dress code: "I think we're all a bit old to dress up punk," she said by way of explaining her more conservative attire. "I just went as kind of normal." (Her former bestie, Madonna, 54, on the other hand, went all-out in a racy fishnet body stocking, a studded jacket and hot pink pumps.)
In the latest Goop issue, the Oscar-winning actress also shares her favorite looks from the night, and true to her word, none were costume-y. Paltrow picked Carey Mulligan, in a black Balenciaga cutout dress; model Cara Delevingne, in a black Burberry gown with plunging neckline; and Miranda Kerr, in a revealing Michael Kors cutout number, as best-dressed.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite