Gwyneth Paltrow praises Met gala in Goop a week after bashing it
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: Christian Rudnik/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: AP Photo/Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Zibi/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: © Phil Loftus / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Mandatory Byline: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&aMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 5:37:00 AM
- New York Times Issues Response to Wikipedia Plagiarism ChargeMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:16:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Scores With Outrageous Twitter ReactionsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Mocks Orlando Bloom With Weepy Photo: Hollywood Twitter Takes the BaitMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:29:00 PM
- Kumail Nanjiani and Jonah Ray Talk Taking a Comic Book Store Stand-Up Show to Comedy CentralMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:06:00 PM
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&a
"The Met Ball, at NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art, is always the year's most elaborate display of incredible fashion and this year was no different," the actress writes. She then goes on to describe in detail just how her custom fuchsia Valentino Haute Couture dress, featuring a sheer panel just above the chest, was created. (For the record, it took two fittings plus last-minute, day-of alterations to get just the right look.)
Her stylist Elizabeth Saltzman also chimes in to explain her rationale behind the dress selection: "In thinking about what Gwyneth could wear, I didn't want her to show up in a costume. So this look is all about anarchy -- truly going against the grain and not wearing what everyone expects. That's about as punk as you can get."
In a post-Met gala interview with Australian radio hosts Kyle and Jackie O, Paltrow, 40, complained about the event's dress code: "I think we're all a bit old to dress up punk," she said by way of explaining her more conservative attire. "I just went as kind of normal." (Her former bestie, Madonna, 54, on the other hand, went all-out in a racy fishnet body stocking, a studded jacket and hot pink pumps.)
In the latest Goop issue, the Oscar-winning actress also shares her favorite looks from the night, and true to her word, none were costume-y. Paltrow picked Carey Mulligan, in a black Balenciaga cutout dress; model Cara Delevingne, in a black Burberry gown with plunging neckline; and Miranda Kerr, in a revealing Michael Kors cutout number, as best-dressed.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite