Gwyneth Paltrow: Turning 40 Was Much More Exciting Than I AnticipatedRelated: Gwyneth Paltrow
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks1 of 19
- Photo: WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: David Rose/Rex USA3 of 19
- Photo: Zibi/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin7 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Promotional9 of 19
- Photo: WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 19
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 19
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin17 of 19
- Photo: StarTraks18 of 19
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive ProducersMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:08:58 PM
- Carole King Hits D.C. for Gershwin Salute MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:03:12 PM
- Zac Efron Will Get Busted With Cocaine in Fox's 'Narc'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:00:27 PM
- Universal's 'Endless Love' Hitting Theaters on Valentine's DayMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:47:06 PM
- TLC's 'Little Couple' Preview: A Crash Course in Parenting (Exclusive VidMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:21:51 PM
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive Producers
Gwyneth Paltrow is happily over the hill.
The Academy Award winner (and mom to daughter Apple, 8, and son Moses, 6, with husband Chris Martin, 35) celebrated her 40th birthday September 27. At pal Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project event supporting Every Mother Counts in New York on October 5, the "Iron Man 3" actress spoke about what the milestone birthday means to her.
"I was really worried about it, leading up to the day, but now I feel really happy and content with my life," Paltrow told reporters. "I'm excited to move into the next phase. It's much more exciting than I thought it would be."
Paltrow doesn't predict much will change now that she's entered a new decade. "I think I try to promote self-growth and reflection for myself every day," she explained.
Despite her luxe lifestyle, Paltrow -- whose BFFs include Cameron Diaz, 40, and Beyonce Knowles, 31 -- said she's just like any other mom. "We have a scrimmage soccer game in our yard every day after school. It's so fun," she said. Though Moses prefers soccer, "Apple has been really loving gymnastics," the star said.
Regardless of the activity, Paltrow is glad her children are being actively challenged on a daily basis. "I feel that mental happiness and physical happiness are so closely related, and especially for kids, because they have so much energy."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite