Gwyneth Paltrow: Turning 40 Was Much More Exciting Than I Anticipated
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks1 of 19
- Photo: WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: David Rose/Rex USA3 of 19
- Photo: Zibi/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin7 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Promotional9 of 19
- Photo: WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 19
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 19
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin17 of 19
- Photo: StarTraks18 of 19
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Gwyneth Paltrow is happily over the hill.
The Academy Award winner (and mom to daughter Apple, 8, and son Moses, 6, with husband Chris Martin, 35) celebrated her 40th birthday September 27. At pal Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project event supporting Every Mother Counts in New York on October 5, the "Iron Man 3" actress spoke about what the milestone birthday means to her.
"I was really worried about it, leading up to the day, but now I feel really happy and content with my life," Paltrow told reporters. "I'm excited to move into the next phase. It's much more exciting than I thought it would be."
Paltrow doesn't predict much will change now that she's entered a new decade. "I think I try to promote self-growth and reflection for myself every day," she explained.
Despite her luxe lifestyle, Paltrow -- whose BFFs include Cameron Diaz, 40, and Beyonce Knowles, 31 -- said she's just like any other mom. "We have a scrimmage soccer game in our yard every day after school. It's so fun," she said. Though Moses prefers soccer, "Apple has been really loving gymnastics," the star said.
Regardless of the activity, Paltrow is glad her children are being actively challenged on a daily basis. "I feel that mental happiness and physical happiness are so closely related, and especially for kids, because they have so much energy."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite