Gwyneth Paltrow: Turning 40 Was Much More Exciting Than I Anticipated
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks1 of 19
- Photo: WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: David Rose/Rex USA3 of 19
- Photo: Zibi/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin7 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Promotional9 of 19
- Photo: WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 19
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 19
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin17 of 19
- Photo: StarTraks18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
Gwyneth Paltrow is happily over the hill.
The Academy Award winner (and mom to daughter Apple, 8, and son Moses, 6, with husband Chris Martin, 35) celebrated her 40th birthday September 27. At pal Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project event supporting Every Mother Counts in New York on October 5, the "Iron Man 3" actress spoke about what the milestone birthday means to her.
"I was really worried about it, leading up to the day, but now I feel really happy and content with my life," Paltrow told reporters. "I'm excited to move into the next phase. It's much more exciting than I thought it would be."
Paltrow doesn't predict much will change now that she's entered a new decade. "I think I try to promote self-growth and reflection for myself every day," she explained.
Despite her luxe lifestyle, Paltrow -- whose BFFs include Cameron Diaz, 40, and Beyonce Knowles, 31 -- said she's just like any other mom. "We have a scrimmage soccer game in our yard every day after school. It's so fun," she said. Though Moses prefers soccer, "Apple has been really loving gymnastics," the star said.
Regardless of the activity, Paltrow is glad her children are being actively challenged on a daily basis. "I feel that mental happiness and physical happiness are so closely related, and especially for kids, because they have so much energy."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite