Gwyneth Paltrow's grandmother, Dorothy Paltrow, dies
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: People4 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: Interstar/NPG6 of 16
- Photo: Interstar/NPG7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Mario Magnani/GettyImages.com9 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Goop/.11 of 16
- Photo: Instagram12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA14 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA15 of 16
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
It's been a tough few weeks for Gwyneth Paltrow. After announcing her split or, as she puts it, "conscious uncoupling," from husband of 10 years Chris Martin, news of her grandmother's passing came on March 31.
Dorothy Paltrow, Gwyneth's grandmother on her father's side, passed away in Palm Beach, Florida, according to The Palm Beach Post, which reported the news on April 4. Gwyneth's father Bruce, an American television and film director and producer, passed away in October 2002 from oral cancer.
Dorothy is survived by her children Robert and Fran, and she has five grandchildren.
Following the announcement of her separation from the Coldplay frontman, Paltrow enjoyed a Bahamas getaway with her ex and her two children Moses, 7, and Apple, 9. The foursome spent two weeks in the Exuma Islands, trying to keep out of the public eye.
"CM and I in deep gratitude for the support of so many," Paltrow wrote on her lifestyle blog Goop on March 28.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite