Gwyneth Paltrow's Star-Studded 40th Birthday Party: All the Details!
- Photo: Robin Platzer/Retna Ltd.1 of 19
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA2 of 19
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks3 of 19
- Photo: David Rose/Rex USA4 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: Zibi/WENN6 of 19
- Photo: Promotional7 of 19
- Photo: WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 19
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage13 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin16 of 19
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin17 of 19
- Photo: StarTraks18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- Katherine Heigl Exits CAA, Signs With WME (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?
Quiet Upper East Side Italian eatery Elio's was the place to be in New York on Friday night. The reason? That's where Gwyneth Paltrow feted her 40th birthday, with a little help from some very famous friends.
Around 7:15 p.m., an eyewitness tells Us Weekly guests like Steven Spielberg, Kate Capshaw and Gwyneth's mom, Blythe Danner, started showing up. The birthday girl -- clad in a chic black blouse with white trim, arrived a half-hour later, followed by Jessica Seinfeld, Chelsea Handler and Kristen Wiig.
Ethan Hawke pulled up around half past 8, while Paltrow's BFF Beyonce arrived fashionably late at 9:30. Also in attendance? Jake Gyllenhaal, Christy Turlington, The Beastie Boys' Mike D, Cameron Diaz and Gwyneth's hubby Chris Martin.
Once inside, the group ate, drank, and mingled to a low-key, lounge-like piano soundtrack. (Paltrow and her pals ate chocolate cake for dessert, a source tells Us.)
Prior to heading to her party, another insider reveals the mom to Apple and Moses got ready for her big night with pal Diaz, also 40. (Celeb hair pro Josue Perez styled both of the blonde stunners' 'dos.)
"They are really fun and close. They were having a great time getting ready for the party," the insider shares. "There were lots of laughs."
Earlier this week, Paltrow opened up to reporters at Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project event about her latest milestone. (She officially turned 40 on September 27).
"I was really worried about it, leading up to the day, but now I feel really happy and content with my life," the Academy Award winner shared. "I'm excited to move into the next phase. It's much more exciting than I thought it would be."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Gwyneth Paltrow's Star-Studded 40th Birthday Party: All the Details!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite