Halle Berry Finally Confirms Engagement to Olivier Martinez
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital1 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 10
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: StarFeine.com/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Craig Barritt/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Sounds like Halle Berry has learned her lesson.
The Oscar winning actress once swore she'd "never, never" get married again. Then Olivier Martinez entered her life in 2010.
Us Weekly broke the news in January that the French actor, 46, had proposed to Berry -- who has been married twice before, to baseball player David Justice and R&B singer Eric Benet -- over the holidays.
Still, Berry, 45, had refused to confirm her and Martinez's happy news until now.
Opening up to "Extra" at an event on Saturday, the "Dark Tide" star laughed when asked about her engagement to Martinez. "Who knew? I swore [marriage] off, right?"
Added Berry, "Never say never, people!"
Martinez, for his part, finally confirmed the couple's engagement in March, telling Miami.com, "Yes, of course we're engaged!"
Prior to meeting the actor-turned-restaurateur, a source told Us that Berry really had "given up" on marriage--but changed her tune as soon as she got to know Martinez, and saw how wonderful a father he would make to Nahla, her 4-year-old daughter with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry.
"She trusts Olivier," the source shared. "He makes her feel safe. He's a keeper!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite