Halle Berry: My Daughter Nahla Prays Every Night for a Baby Sister
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 8
- Photo: VM/JACSON/Fame Flynet2 of 8
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin3 of 8
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: ONLA/Wonderwall5 of 8
- Photo: Gonzalo/Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: GEVA/Fame Flynet7 of 8
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
The pressure is on for Halle Berry to have another child!
When the "Cloud Atlas" actress, 46, appeared on "The Wendy Williams Show" Nov. 1, Berry was quizzed about whether she plans to start a family with her fiance, French actor Olivier Martinez. (The Academy Award winner is already mom to daughter Nahla, 4, with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry.)
"That's the thing. [My daughter is] asking me," Berry admitted. "Every night we pray to God, and she's so sweet. She says, 'God, please bring me a bunk bed and a baby sister.' And I say, 'I can do one of those things, I know for sure! The other one we have to keep praying on.' What do you say to her when she wants that and can't understand why God's taking so long, you know?"
Berry also explained why she decided to put off starting a family until her early 40s. "I'm a much better mother at 46, or 41 when I had her, than if I were 21 or 25. I was just a little baby, just trying to figure it out, trying to figure out who I was, let alone have the responsibility of trying to help another little soul develop and grow," the world famous star said. "I'm so glad I waited."
Though the former beauty queen may not be ready to give Nahla a sibling, she promised to give her the freedom to become her own person. "I want her to be whatever she wants to be. I want to give her a fair opportunity to decide that without the loom of having to do what I did, or having that choice be made for her," Berry said. "That's what I want."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite