Halle Berry: My Daughter Nahla Prays Every Night for a Baby Sister
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 8
- Photo: VM/JACSON/Fame Flynet2 of 8
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin3 of 8
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: ONLA/Wonderwall5 of 8
- Photo: Gonzalo/Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: GEVA/Fame Flynet7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
The pressure is on for Halle Berry to have another child!
When the "Cloud Atlas" actress, 46, appeared on "The Wendy Williams Show" Nov. 1, Berry was quizzed about whether she plans to start a family with her fiance, French actor Olivier Martinez. (The Academy Award winner is already mom to daughter Nahla, 4, with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry.)
"That's the thing. [My daughter is] asking me," Berry admitted. "Every night we pray to God, and she's so sweet. She says, 'God, please bring me a bunk bed and a baby sister.' And I say, 'I can do one of those things, I know for sure! The other one we have to keep praying on.' What do you say to her when she wants that and can't understand why God's taking so long, you know?"
Berry also explained why she decided to put off starting a family until her early 40s. "I'm a much better mother at 46, or 41 when I had her, than if I were 21 or 25. I was just a little baby, just trying to figure it out, trying to figure out who I was, let alone have the responsibility of trying to help another little soul develop and grow," the world famous star said. "I'm so glad I waited."
Though the former beauty queen may not be ready to give Nahla a sibling, she promised to give her the freedom to become her own person. "I want her to be whatever she wants to be. I want to give her a fair opportunity to decide that without the loom of having to do what I did, or having that choice be made for her," Berry said. "That's what I want."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite