- Photo: Fame Pictures1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: James Breeden / Matt Smith/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Season 3 Re-CaffeinatMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:55:47 AM
- 'Duck Dynasty' Christmas Special Hauls in 8.9 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:45:15 AM
- Golden Globes and SAG Shutouts: 6 Actors That Shouldn't Give Up Hope YetMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:30:05 AM
- Country star Ray Price leaves hospital for hospiceMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:23:11 AM
- CBS's 'Survivor' Renewed for Two More EditionsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:08:54 AM
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Season 3 Re-Caffeinat
By Kat Giantis
Does Ryan Phillippe have a secret plushie soft spot? The actor, 36, was snapped exiting Kate Hudson's annual blowout Halloween bash Saturday night with Amanda Seyfried, 24, who was decked out in a furry, floppy and refreshingly unsexy dog costume.
The sought-after starlet attempted to duck down in the front seat of Phillippe's car to avoid the paparazzi, apparently not realizing that cloak-and-dagger maneuvers are best left to those not wearing bulky canine ensembles.
E! News reports the celebrity-packed party also brought out Ryan's ex-wife, Reese Witherspoon, and her agent-boyfriend, Jim Toth, but it's unclear whether the exes crossed paths.
RELATED: Amanda and other star dog walkers
There's also some disagreement as to whether Phillippe, who opted for a half-baked Obi-Wan Kenobi outfit featuring a cloak and a lightsaber presumably borrowed from his 7-year-old son, Deacon, socialized with Seyfried at the shindig.
According to People magazine, they "spent hours talking ... Ryan seemed very interested in Amanda and was following her around the party. She seemed flattered enough to leave the party with him."
But an E! eyewitness pooh-poohs, "I didn't see Ryan with Amanda at all. He was wandering around alone most of the night."
And when the duo drove off, an unidentified male pal was in the back seat, throwing some doubt over whether this was a love connection or just a designated-driver situation.
Still, the rumor mill is a-cranking with chatter that Ryan didn't drop Amanda off at home until the next morning.
So, are they dating?
"You never know!" Seyfried gamely chirped to an X17 lensman on Sunday.
Her publicist didn't respond to our request for comment on the romantic rumblings.
RELATED: The next American icons
Amanda's long-distance, lightbulb relationship (i.e., on and off) with "Mamma Mia!" co-star Dominic Cooper reportedly ended a few months ago.
Shortly before they parted ways, she told Teen Vogue, "A lot of people ask me, 'Is Dominic the one?' I don't know, and I'm fine with that."
Phillippe has been back on the market since his February breakup with Abbie Cornish, whom he met in 2006 on the set of "Stop-Loss." Both denied speculation that their romance played a role in his split from Reese Witherspoon.
What do you think of the possibility of an Amanda-Ryan hookup? Hotness ahoy or can she do better? Tell us in the comments.
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDivorce Imminent?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite